Trainee Fire Damper Technician / Ventilation Cleaning Operative
£19,000-£21,000 + Benefits
One of our great clients has fresh rewarding vacancy and are looking to recruit a fire damper and ventilation cleaning operative to join their skilled northern team. They are a family run company who specialise in Air Hygiene services and have been serving facilities maintenance, property maintenance and catering industries for over 40 years. If you are an enthusiastic individual who is flexible and happy getting hand on with their work, then this could be the career you’ve been looking for.
This is a remarkable opportunity for a trainee fire damper & ventilation cleaning operative to join a growing company that continues to grow by delivering the high quality of work across the nation.
Key Tasks & Duties of a Fire & Ventilation Operative:
- To carry out fire damper inspections and tests.
- To inspect and clean kitchen canopies and extract systems.
- To inspect and clean ventilation systems.
- To complete all work to a high standard and record all work completed.
- Responsible for the company vehicle (all costs covered by company).
Key Skills and Experience of a Fire & Ventilation Operative:
- You must have a full UK driving license for this role.
- Must be hard working, flexible and physically fit.
- A DBS check is compulsory for this position due to high security working sites.
- You will be confident working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Previous experience is beneficial but full training will be given.
- Shared company vehicle, fuel card and phone.
- Working for a business with over 40 years’ experience.
- Full uniform and equipment provided.
- Paid certifications i.e. IPAF, PASMA training.
- Some great career development opportunities.
- Life insurance and pension scheme.
The successful candidate will need to be happy working days, nights and weekend shifts as well as being happy to stay away from home from time to time. Any travel or stay aways will be covered by the company. Normal shifts are 8 hours + travel time start, and finish time will vary depending on site location and job.
For more information, please contact Tom O’Neill at penguin recruitment- 0121 442 0641.
Suitable Job Titles/Sectors: Air Hygiene, Ductwork, Kitchen Canopy Operative, Duct cleaner, Kitchen Extract Technician, Duct fitters’ mate, trainee.
Commutable Areas: Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Worksop, Bawtry, Barnsley, Leeds, Wakefield, Kirkburton, Huddersfield, Selby, Epworth, Scunthorpe, Lincoln, Goole, York, Tadcaster, Wetherby, Grimsby, Kingston upon Hill, Beverley, Hull, Retford, Yorkshire.