We are seeking to employ Structural Engineers to work within our Clients’ Cardiff office.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for specialist structural engineering design projects from inception to practical completion in commercial, health, retail, industrial, education, hotels, leisure and other specialist sectors.
The role requires producing the detailed design to meet with design and construction programmes, liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project.
As a design engineer, responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Carrying out structural surveys of building / desk study’s and providing initial advice on any issues that may arise.
- Preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes with support of the wider team.
- Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes using relevant 3D software packages.
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender purposes.
- Responding to Client requests for information.
- Supporting the production of Construction information for issue to Contractors.
- Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors.
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office.
- Attend team meetings with both internal and external disciplines.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have experience of structural design in concrete and steel structures, as well as experience in other structural materials.
- Are computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programmes (Revit, Tekla).
- Have a desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions
- Have experience of working with Eurocodes and British Standards.
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designer’s responsibilities.
- Have good analytical skills
- Are computer literate
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Good degree in Structural / Civil Engineering
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability
- You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and you will be supported towards Chartership through IStructE / ICE.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.