£38000 - £46000 per annum
Senior Engineer – Transport Planning – Newcastle Upon Tyne
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer – Transport Planner to join our client’s team based in North Tyneside. You will be part of the team working with a number of transport planning commissions, including macro and micro simulation modelling, scheme business case appraisal, active travel and transport planning work for a variety of clients, including local authorities, private developers and other public-sector clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Principal Transport Modelers with the delivery of projects involving Paramics, Saturn and Vissim models
- Collaborate with Principal Transport Planners and the Transport Planning Manager in the delivery of major transport scheme business cases, including the delivery of economic appraisals.
- Preparation by way of leadership and contribution to technical papers and client reports
- Contribute to continuous improvement processes and knowledge sharing relating to transport planning across our client’s national transport planning business
What we’re looking for:
- A Masters’ Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or transport discipline
- Be a chartered professional or be working toward Chartership – already a minimum of IEng or equivalent in a transport profession.
- Have experience in one or more of the following traffic modelling packages – Saturn, Paramics & Vissim
- Have experience working with scheme assessment programs such as Tuba and Cobalt
- Hold a full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 25) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to the company’s Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
For further information, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or email@example.com