£38000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Engineer – Rail – Manchester
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Client’s Infrastructure’s Rail & Public Transport team. The role is based in Manchester, working across a varied range of regional and UK investment projects.
You will be part of a small team undertaking a full range of challenging and varied work in the planning, appraisal, design and implementation of rail and public transport schemes, working for a number of clients on projects, in Wales and the rest of the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) – Rail Civils Design
- Lead and undertake the preparation of technical reports and documentation relating to projects.
- Check and approval of technical work by the design team.
- Manage delivery teams working in collaboration with other disciplines in the Common Data Environment
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Scope and supervise surveys.
- Input into and preparation of bids and proposals
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering degree in a relevant subject.
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional institution (IHT, ICE etc.)
- Typically, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the rail sector
- Experience working in the UK rail industry, with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Experience working in some of the below areas:
- Station design
- Lineside civils works.
- Gantry and foundation designs
- Rock cutting stabilisations works.
- Design risk assessments
- Bridge design, refurbishment and strengthening schemes.
- Completing design forms (F001-003)
- Cat 3 checking of third-party designs
- UTX/URX design
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
For further information, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org