£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Senior /Principal Structural Engineer
Salary up to £50,000
Our client has steadily been growing and with several new and exciting projects in the pipeline they have decided now is a great time to recruit a competent and motivated Senior Structural Engineer to join a successful, well-recognised design team in Hull.
Our client is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join a dynamic and growing team. You will be responsible for all aspects of design work from conception through to technical approval/completion on projects typically ranging from £0.5m to £40m.
Potential schemes you may be working on range from accommodation, retail developments, , educational buildings, commercial offices, petrochemical, energy, industrial and manufacturing buildings.
Key responsibilities of this Structural Engineer role include;
- Scheme designs and input into scheme design reports
- Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages
- Liaison with the rest of the design team
- Attendance at client, design and site meetings, and site inspections and reporting
- Management of the project to ensure quality standards are maintained with a profitable delivery
In addition to having a confident, commercial and professional outlook you will need to have:
- Have gained a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Membership or Associate Membership of the ICE or IStructE, or approaching qualified status
- Qualitative and quantitative experience in building structures
- Strong communication, analytical, technical design, and drawing/sketching skills
- Be a self-motivated team player with good people skills.
Duties of this Structural Engineer role will include;
- Carrying out structural surveys of buildings and structures and providing advice on any issues that may arise. Analysing and reporting on structural defects and remediation if required
- Preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes
- Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes.
- With the assistance of a Technician, preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender and Construction purposes.
- Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors
- Day-to-day support to colleagues within the office
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English
- Minimum 6 years structural design experience in core materials; concrete, steel, masonry and timber
Our client is offering a competitive salary, regular pay reviews, an interesting workload, support to become chartered, flexible work arrangements to suit lifestyle and much more!
Interested in this Senior Structural Engineer role? Please get in touch with MIKAELA on 01792 365104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk