£35000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Highways Engineer
This is a permanent position within our Clients’ Highways Engineering team in Birmingham.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer seeking to develop their career and business acumen and taking on new engineering challenges.
Key skills & experience:
- Qualified with an appropriate engineering degree and already be / or working toward Incorporated or Chartered status
- Minimum of 5 years’ UK experience working in an engineering design consultancy
- Technical and computing ability to produce horizontal and vertical highways design
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Familiarity of highway planning procedures, including Section 38 / 278 Agreements, UK design principles and standards including MfS and DMRB
- Knowledge of procedures relating to TROs and Road Safety Audits etc.
- Experience of dealing with clients and other members of the professional team utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to follow instruction and to work collaboratively as part of a team
The role will encompass the following:
- Site appraisal and feasibility assessment
- Walking, cycling and public transport audit (WCHAR) and design
- Servicing / delivery design and management
- Highways design – local authority and private residential / commercial (S.38 / 184 / 278)
- Vehicle swept path assessment
- Utility assessment and impact negotiation (C3 & C4)
- Road Restraint Risk Assessment Procedure (RRRAP)
- Ordinary Watercourse Consent application
- CDM risk and mitigation assessment
- Traffic calming and home zone scheme design
- Traffic Regulation Orders and Stopping Up Orders
- Road Safety Auditing (Stages 1 – 4)
What they offer:
They offer a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and payment of professional membership fees.
What to do next:
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.