£40000 - £55000 per annum
Senior/Principal Highways Engineer
This position is key to the success of the team and the most suitable candidate will most likely have extensive experience in a design role gained within a consultancy producing design packages for technical approval and construction. Familiarity and proficiency in the application of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB) are expected, as is experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages. This is a dynamic and exciting role for a candidate looking to progress their career and who enjoys working independently and as part of a team.
Our client is a leading global professional services firm and are looking to fill this role for their office in London.
- Including but not limited to:
- Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales;
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings
- Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue
- Liaison with Statutory Bodies (e.g. Highways England or Local Authority)
- Analysis and design of earthworks
- Visiting site and attending site meetings
- Participation in internal project team meetings
- Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members
- Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications.
- Working closely as required with support functions within the team, such as HR, Finance, Marketing / Bid
- Additional duties as required
- Degree in Civil Engineering. Chartered Engineer, MICE or MCIHT
- Experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages
- Sound knowledge of relevant design standards and good experience of managing design production and formal approach
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, and lead and supervise others
- Proficient in use of Civils 3D and AutoCAD
- Experience of use of Microdrainage software.
What they offer you:
They will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. They support their people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Their network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
What to do next
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.