Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000
We are looking for a Senior Ecologist or an experienced Consultant Ecologist to join a specialist environmental consultancy in Cheltenham. You’ll recieve a salary of £30,000 – £40,000 based on your experience plus a range of benefits, such as flexible working, health insurance and more. This is the ideal opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to hone their skills and open opportunites for their professional development.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will:
- Conduct UK habitat and protected species surveys
- Produce and quality check ecological reports, including Preliminary Ecological Appraisal Reports, Ecological Impact Assessment Reports and Biodiversity Net Gain Reports
- Liaise with statutory and non-statutory bodies, such as Natural England, local authorities and wildlife trusts
- Manage your own projects
- Provide mentoring and support to junior Ecologists
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- A degree in ecology, biology, zoology or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in ecological consultancy
- Full membership of CIEEM or working towards it
- A thorough knowledge of UK and EU wildlife legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys and holding relevant licences
- Experience of using GIS software, such as QGIS or ArcGIS
- Excellent communication, report writing and project management skills
- A full valid UK/EEC driving licence and access to a vehicle
Interested in this or other roles in ecology consultancy? Please contact Lloyd Key via Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792957382. We have many more vacancies available on our website.
Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk.
This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.