Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000 DOE
Penguin Recruitment are looking for a motivated Senior Ecologist to join a highly successful multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy in London. Since 1992 they have been providing trusted advice through facilitating sustainable development, both throughout the UK and internationally. If you are looking to start or grow your career in environmental consultancy, this is a place where ongoing learning, training, innovation and collaborative thinking is encouraged. They work predominantly in the private sector on a range of interesting projects including renewable energy, residential, logistics, education and leisure. They can be flexible on location and hybrid working is offered.
The Senior Ecologist position offers:
- £30,000 – £45,000 DOE
- Working away allowance for overnight fieldwork
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, with holiday increasing with service with options to buy additional holiday
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Hybrid working
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.
As a Senior Ecologist, your responsibilities will be:
- Undertaking extended phase 1 habitat surveys/ UK Habs surveys to accurately describe and map habitats and assess their potential to support notable/protected species.
- Undertaking phase 2 surveys for legally protected species.
- Producing a range of ecological reports and reviewing junior team work
- Designing and managing ecological surveys and associated mitigation.
- Project Management
- Liaising with clients, professional advisors, contractors and the general public.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc.).
- There will also be opportunities for managing and mentoring junior team members.
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject
- Proven experience as a professional ecological consultant.
- Good ecological field skills covering a range of protected species and habitats.
- A sound understanding of the legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
- The ability to write concise, high quality, technical reports in line with CIEEM guidelines.
- Ideally, experience of reviewing technical ecology reports written by others.
- Experience of using the latest Defra Biodiversity Metric desirable (training can be given).
- Experience of writing fee proposals, project management and client liaison desirable (training can be given).
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Membership of CIEEM
- Protected species licence(s) or working towards licences (support and training can be provided for individuals wishing to pursue their licences)
- Full UK driving licence
If you are interested in this or other Ecology roles, please contact Lloyd Key via Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792957382. We have many more vacancies available on our website.
Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk.
This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.