£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Senior Civil & Structural Engineer
Salary : £34,000-40,000 + Benefits and flexible work arrangements
Our client strives to hire exceptional individuals who can enjoy a fulfilling and long-term career with the business. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Civil & Structural Engineer with public sector and consultancy experience in designing and managing urban infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will join a friendly team based in Swansea.
As Senior Civil & Structural Engineer your role is focused on the technical management and delivery of a wide range of projects to the highest quality and to budget. The projects vary across the residential, commercial, education, industrial, and defence sectors.
Your key responsibilities within this role are to provide leadership to junior staff and provide technical support on assigned projects to ensure the successful delivery of key building & infrastructure schemes. You will collaboratively work with other design team members and have opportunities to work on a wide variety of schemes and innovative, technically challenging work.
Essential Requirements for this Senior Structural Engineer role include;
- Chartered or Near Chartered Engineer with relevant degree from an ICE/IStructE approved course with a minimum of 5 years commercial/industrial experience within an Engineering Consultancy
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in designing to client quality objectives and leading the delivery of multidisciplinary projects at a design manager/coordinator level.
- Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- Confident liaising with new and existing clients
- Experience leading and mentoring multidisciplinary teams
- Strong commercial awareness, and confident dealing with and fulfilling client requirements
- Experience managing complex projects, using resources from both local and regional teams
- Thorough working knowledge of structural analysis and design with steel, concrete masonry and timber
- A good knowledge of relevant design standards (British Standards & Eurocodes, DMRB, Manual for Streets and local design guidance)
- Residential and commercial building design experience
- SUDs Design experience and experience of SAB application process
- Through working knowledge of local authority and drainage adoption processes (Section 104, Section 185, Section 38, Section 278)
- Highway design specialisms, such as street lighting, drainage and traffic signals – desirable
- Excellent knowledge and experience of computer aided design software (STAADPro, Bentley SewerGems, AutoCad, Scale/Sand)
- Knowledge of MS Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat essential. Knowledge of MS Sharepoint desirable
In order to discuss this Senior Structural Engineer role and other similar roles please call MIKAELA on 01792 365104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk