£40000 - £48000 per annum
Senior Civil Engineer – Rail – London
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer (Rail) to join our client’s civil rail team in London.
In this role, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision, for the successful delivery of a wide array projects. You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the company’s quality management system
- Resolve technical issues
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Scope and supervise surveys.
- Opportunity to work under mentorship to develop and undertake CRE responsibilities on Rail projects.
- Become familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote SHEW culture within your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, using different mediums.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to manage your own time to meet project deadlines and budget targets.
- Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high quality reports in English.
- Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests, as well as meet challenging deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to the company’s Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
For further information, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or email@example.com