Senior Civil Engineer
Our client is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing
Our client has exciting opportunities for a Senior Civil Engineer to work in their Transport & Infrastructure Group. The role will be working within the Civil Engineering Design Development team in the Birmingham office.
The team delivers a wide variety of consultancy services to a large client base, both local and national. The Transport & Infrastructure Design Service are responsible for providing a number of engineering services across multiple sectors, at all stages of the project, from inception through to commissioning.
- Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will have extensive experience undertaking preliminary and detailed design of roads, levels, drainage and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
- The role of a Senior Engineer is to supervise and manage the delivery of a number of projects. On occasions a Senior Engineer is required to lead small teams with delegated authority and support identified by the Team Leader or Principal Engineer.
- A Senior Engineer is expected to maintain good relationships with existing Clients and actively promoting the capability of the Company to potential new Clients.
- The role is required to work independently as necessary. It is expected that a Senior Engineer will take a leading role in their own development and learning as well as actively supporting the development of Graduates and Engineers in the team.
- A Senior Engineer is to lead by example, by demonstrating diligence and professionalism in day to day activities and by taking responsibility for contributing to the growth of the team’s knowledge base.
What you’ll bring
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage and external works.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and MicroDrainage. Experienced with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- You will have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- You will show a desire to develop your project coordination skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
- You will have experience of the requirements of working with different types of client in a complex industry – our clients include developers, local authorities and contractors, all of whom have different expectations and requirements from you and the projects you will work on.
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to Graduates and Engineers.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
What is on offer
- 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase more), pension, life assurance and healthcare.
- Perkbox, Cycle to Work, paid volunteering days, regular social events, rewards scheme and much more.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities including charterships and paid professional subscriptions.
- Hybrid working.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.