£38000 - £48000 per annum
Senior Civil Engineer
We have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer or Civil Engineer to join our clients’ Civil & Structural Engineering team in their Birmingham office. You’ll be joining a well-established large team of technically excellent people in their modern open-plan office.
As an ICE approved employer, they can support your professional development in working towards either Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status. Their in-house Supervising Civil Engineers and Delegated Engineers will be pleased to support your training.
What will you be responsible for?
- Working within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects
- Undertaking scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination.
- You will also be tasked with work winning, budgetary control of project finances and preparing fee proposals
- Working in a design office environment but also playing an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting.
- Good communication and liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities.
What skills and attributes are they looking for?
- BEng, MEng, HND or HNC qualified in relevant subject, with significant and predominant experience gained in a design office environment.
- An understanding of national SuDS standards in Wales and SAB approval, in addition to Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures.
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, MicroDrainage etc.
- Good understanding of technical software such as Civil 3D, AutoTrack, Drawnet and any other industry standard software.
- Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval
- Experience of securing technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities/SuDS Approval Bodies.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
How they work
They have now returned to their offices; some of them full time, though many of now choose to split their time between working from home and working in the office. If you’re in the office every day you’ll have a designated desk to use. For those who hybrid work the offices are now set up for hot desking, so you can select and book a desk through their cloud booking system. By offering you more flexibility, the aim is to enable everyone to work in a way that best facilitates productivity, work life balance and collaboration.
The company is an independently-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of circa 600 staff, operating out of 18 offices in the UK. They have been consistently in the 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the last seven years.
What you can expect in general
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), healthy living bonus, well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.