RAIL ENGINEER – Leeds
Our clients is looking for experienced civil/structural engineers to join their team in their Leeds office. The ideal candidate would preferably have a proven track record of design in the rail sector.
This role offers a great opportunity to join successful established team, working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer. It will also bring the opportunity for working on a wide portfolio of major projects across the UK.
- Minimum of three years’ experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Experience of steel and concrete design to Eurocodes
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes
- Experience in the design of rail related structures. (including loading to Eurocodes, element design and detailing to Eurocodes)
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- BEng or MEng
- Working towards Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE or MIStructE)
- In return for this role you will receive a competitive salary, company benefits training/development opportunities and more.
What To Do Next
- Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please click on the link to apply. Please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.