£45000 - £55000 per annum
Principal Transport Planner – Derby
Our client is seeking an experienced Principal Transport Planner to join their growing team in Derby.
As Principal Transport Planner, you will work on a range of projects involving liaison with Local Planning/Highway Authorities, Highways England and other professionals including Planning Consultants, Architects, Air Quality/Noise Consultants, M&E Engineers, etc on a daily basis.
Reporting to an Associate Director, you will lead your own projects, as well as work with other offices or as part of multidisciplinary teams on larger proposals. You will be involved with pre-acquisition feasibility studies, strategic advice, Local Plan site promotion, preparation of outline & detailed planning application reports (including Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans, Environmental Statement Transport Chapters, preliminary access/junction improvement designs), discharge of planning conditions and planning appeals.
The main emphasis of your role will be on the technical delivery of projects and technical development of T&T staff, including use of key transport modelling software including Junctions 9, LinSig, TRICS, TEMPro/NTEM (experience of micro-simulation software such as VISSIM or Paramics is welcome, but not essential).
What you will be doing:
- Delivering high quality transport planning, modelling and technical reports, and (where necessary) engineering designs/drawings
- Supervising staff, reviewing, checking and approving design calculations, drawings and outputs prepared by others
- Project administration, including:
- Preparing fee proposals
- Producing all outputs in accordance with the Company’s document management systems
- Liaising with Clients & Local Authorities
In addition to the above, a successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a number of competencies, as detailed below:
- High level of technical competence, including advanced knowledge of key transport software packages such as Junctions 9 (PICADY/ARCADY), LinSig, TRICS, TEMPro/NTEM
- Excellent knowledge of national/local design standards e.g. DMRB, MFS 1 & 2, CIHT Policies/Guidance, Local Authority Design Guides e.g. 6C’s;
- MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
- Working towards Chartered Professional status (e.g. CEng, TPP or CMILT)
- Experience in the use of micro-simulation models such as VISSIM and PARAMICS
- Knowledge of DfT WebTAG policy
- Experience using GIS software, including Basemap TRACC/QuantumGIS/ArcGIS or MapInfo
- Knowledge of Air Quality & Noise Assessment Traffic Flow Calculations
- Experience of working with public sector clients.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Fun and challenging projects to work on
- Excellent career progression potential
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org