£40000 - £55000 per annum
Principal Sustainability Consultant
Competitive Starting Salary
Penguin Recruitment is currently working with a specialist engineering consultancy, with a fantastic career opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic Principal Sustainability Consultant to join their Sustainability Team. The role is based in their Cambridge office with the potential to work from home in a hybrid capacity and will be part of the broader Sustainability group.
Our clients’ sustainability team is an industry leader in it’s approach to sustainable design, construction and building operations. The team’s work spans across a variety of sectors with construction. This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading building performance simulation and energy-related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools and techniques
- Supporting the development of junior staff in the team
- Developing energy strategies with clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments
- Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments (such as BREEAM, WELL, etc), where necessary
- Working with other members of the Sustainability Group on business-related research and development tasks
For this Principal Sustainability Consultant role, you will ideally have experience with:
- Energy and carbon strategies
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER and IES
- In-Use energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment
Our client is pleased to offer their new Principal Sustainability Consultant a competitive starting salary, along with an excellent benefits package, including: Private medical scheme; Income protection; Profit and performance-related bonus; Professional membership subscription; and progression opportunities.
Interested? To discuss this position or other roles in the Sustainability Sector, please contact Sam Harris on 01792 365000, or email a copy of your CV over to email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly.