£50000 - £60000 per annum
Principal Rail Engineer
You will currently be a Principal Rail Engineer responsible for undertaking and managing engineering feasibility and outline design of rail projects (GRIP 1-4).
In this role you will support business cases, coordinate input from engineering and environmental disciplines and support the option selection and development process. You will collate multi-disciplinary reports, liaise with stakeholders and Technical approval bodies and submit completed technical reports to clients.
This Principal Rail Engineer role is based in Cardiff.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) – Rail Civils Design
- Lead and undertake the preparation of technical reports and documentation relating to projects.
- Checking and approval of technical work by the design team.
- Manage delivery teams, working in collaboration with other disciplines, in the Common Data Environment
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Scope and supervise surveys.
- Input into and preparation of bids and proposals
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Manage and co-ordinate rail technical studies including work being undertaken by a range of different disciplines in support of business cases and option development reports.
- Engage with and develop good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractor’s clients and other disciplines
What we’re looking for:
- Station design
- Relevant Recognised Degree
- Lineside civils works.
- Gantry and foundation designs
- Rock cutting stabilisation works.
- Designers risk assessments
- Bridge design, refurbishment and strengthening schemes.
- Completing design forms (F001-003)
- Cat 3 checking of third-party designs
- UTX/URX design
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to the company’s Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
For further information, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or email@example.com