Principal Geotechnical Engineer
My client is a multidisciplinary environmental and health and safety consultancy that facilitates sustainable development in the UK and internationally. The company operates within the commercial sector working on large scale commercial, logistics and residential projects and are well know for their staff development.
You will be a versatile and highly motivated individual seeking to join an energetic and successful Ground Engineering team as a Principal Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist.
Location is flexible and with a dozen offices across the country my client is more than likely able to accommodate on a hybrid basis. The role will include working as part of the team to simplify and resolve ground risks for our Clients through the provision of technical and commercially excellent advice.
You will oversee the planning, delivery and management of multiple geotechnical site investigations, design work and associated reporting for major industry clients. Your team and client management, as well as technical experience will actively contribute to the growth of the Division.
- Ability to deliver a consistently high standard of all practical, technical and financial aspects of geotechnical projects.
- Provide commercially sound, solutions-based advice.
- Use software and technical guidance documents for the assessment, modelling and interpretation of data to determine the required outcome for the project or assignment.
- Accountability for a wide range of interpretative geotechnical reports to provide solutions to the client’s business needs.
- Day-to-day financial management and profitability of projects.
- Ability to identify and expand new opportunities and marketing avenues for growth and development.
- Application of your technical competence to challenge regulators or third parties to achieve a commercially favourable outcome for clients.
- Line management, coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Adhere to and model high Health and Safety standards, in line with Company procedures.
- Commitment to develop personal CPD and working towards Chartership (if not already achieved).
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification such as an MSc, or geotechnical or engineering related qualification.
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- An in depth, comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively either alone or in a small team.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- A developing ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- A full UK Driving Licence (manual).
- Membership of professional organisation, chartered or working towards chartership and ROGEP.
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or email@example.com