£35000 - £45000 per annum
Pavement Engineer – Birmingham
We are seeking a Pavement Engineer to assist with the technical delivery of a range of pavement engineering and research related projects for several national road administrations, local authorities, and PPP organisations throughout the UK and overseas.
You will assist the pavement technical lead within our client’s pavement engineering team and will be based in Birmingham, however other locations can be considered. Regular travel to other UK offices/sites, and occasional overseas travel, forms part of this role.
The day to day job
- Technical delivery of a variety of consultancy projects in the field of pavement engineering.
- Preparation of reports, technical specifications, contract documents and drawings.
- Undertake visual condition surveys of pavements and associated highways assets, both onsite and remotely via video mapping software.
- Analyse survey data from multiple sources to design pavement maintenance treatment options.
- Ensure project deliverables are prepared on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.
- Promote pavement and asset management within the business
- Comply with, and champion, company processes and policies. Also ensure adherence to safety, welfare, quality, and environmental requirements.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, or similar disciplines.
- Knowledge and understanding of pavement design principles in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
- Knowledge of pavement materials (Concrete, Asphalt and Hydraulically Bound Materials) and associated defects.
- Knowledge of both intrusive and non-intrusive pavement surveys and experience of interpreting the resultant data.
- Experience in the application of UK standards for the design of pavements for highway, airfield, port, and other applications.
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD.
- Good written skills and track record in the preparation of reports and technical specifications.
- Ability to work in a client facing environment, with good communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements e.g. flexi hours, remote working, returning from a career break
- You’ll also enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for every stage of your career. Our client is committed to ‘promotion-from-within’ policy.
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org