Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a renowned firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists who strive to make a positive difference in the world!
Do you want to join an award-winning town planning team, delivering some of the most complex and challenging projects? In line with a period of successful growth, our client now needs a new Town Planner for their London office with experience of development management and/or policy planning (ideally both) to help deliver our diverse portfolio of work.
Our client provides a holistic service to meet the aspirations and needs of developers, communities, local planning authorities, and central government. You will have the opportunity to work across a portfolio of projects that includes securing consents (TCPA, TWA, DCO, Hybrid Bill), preparing local, sub-regional, and national planning policy and guidance, delivering consultation and engagement, and undertaking research and evaluation
Key qualities we are looking for in candidates include;
- Degree and / or masters in town planning or similar
- Good knowledge of planning legislation and planning policy.
- Experience in drafting planning reports or strategies for clients, managing the preparation of planning applications and data analysis, or preparing policy documents including evidence base studies.
- Strong team-working skills and experience of multi-disciplinary working with other teams/areas of expertise (e.g. environment, transport, and project management).
- Capable of managing a challenging and varying workload that can change at short notice.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Report writing and communication skills.
- Strong competencies in the typical suite of office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe suite).
Rewards and Benefits
Our client offers a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Planners ASAP so please express your interest below by clicking ‘apply’.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org