£25000 - £40000 per annum
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Highways Engineering Technician to support the developing workload in their Infrastructure design team in their Slough office. The office undertakes a wide variety of major and minor infrastructure projects, primarily for the private sector. The successful candidate will be offered the relevant experience with a view to attaining professional qualifications.
A Highways Engineering Technician is a key position in their organisation with responsibilities to contribute to the design and development of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, preliminary and detailed design under the direction of the Project Manager/Lead Designer using industry standard software such as Autocad and Civil 3D.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be part of an engineering design team with feasibility studies, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of a range of Infrastructure and highway projects.
- You will contribute to the feasibility, preliminary and detailed design of highway improvement schemes to DMRB standards using Civils 3D and AutoCAD software including preparation of contract drawings.
- Working standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement
- Undertaking minor feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options;
- Use AutoCAD software in the preparation of designs and drawings.
What they’re looking for:
- Civil Engineering HNC/HND qualification or similar
- Eligible for EngTech or working towards IEng MICE
- Extensive ability using AutoCAD software.
- UK experience with Civil 3D software to support design
- Experience over a range of highway and transport disciplines such as: Active travel cycle and pedestrian network design and interchanges including highways and junctions.
- Knowledge and application of DMRB technical design standards
- Ensuring compliance of the team’s work with a high regard to Health and Safety and the application of the CDM Regulations and other legislation.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to their Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
What To Do Next
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please click on the link to apply. Please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.