An excellent opportunity to work for a long established company as a Civil Engineer in their Highways & Infrastructure Design Department in Newcastle. The company encompasses several sectors and this opportunity is to work within the residential market which is currently their busiest area.
Our client has been established for a number of years and have developed strong relationships within the private and public sectors over that time. Employees are provided with varied and interesting workloads due to the projects being spread across a number of areas.
Great pride is taken the service they deliver to their clients and they constantly strive in providing a personal as well as professional service. All employees are expected to maintain high standards of checking and recording of their work in order to maintain the Company’s Quality Assurance.
As an independent practice, staff are exposed to all aspects of a project which in turn provides them with knowledge in a range of different disciplines. Employees are able to progress their professional qualifications with the Company’s ICE approved training agreement. They constantly encourage their staff to increase their levels of responsibility in order to gain experience and confidence in their work. An innovative and challenging approach to designing ensures that the design teams work with current technology and methods.
- Providing engineering advice and design input from feasibility through planning and onto construction
- Production of highway and drainage designs and associated drawings and calculations for technical approval and construction
- To liaise with professional team members and clients
- To liaise with the highways and water authorities, Lead Local Flood authorities and any other stakeholders in order to agree design parameters and obtain necessary approvals
- Undertaking 3D ground modelling to assess cut and fill quantities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members
Key Experience And Required Qualifications
In order to be successful, your experience should include:
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- A Leaning towards Highways and Infrastructure engineering experience
- Highway and drainage designs to achieve technical agreements, such as Sections 38, 104 and Building Control approval
- UK experience of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, MicroDrainage and Auto Track software
- Residential development infrastructure design
- Knowledge of DMRB and local authority design standards
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, clients and fellow design staff
- Excellent written, verbal and computer based skills
- Some understanding of Flood Risk Assessments and the NPPF
What You Will Get If Successful
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.