£25000 - £40000 per annum
Our client recruiting a Civil Engineer to join their team in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible directly to the Director for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various projects.
- On larger projects assist the Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Deliver projects within budget constraints and ensure colleagues and line managers are kept informed of progress.
- Delegate work to Junior Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role is client facing therefore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Drainage Strategy reports, Bulk Earthworks reports, Site Viability assessments etc.
- A MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in Civil Engineering within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of working with housing developers is advantageous.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, Civils 3D, Site 3D, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
What To Do Next
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please click on the link to apply. Please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.