£25000 - £40000 per annum
Are you an experienced Civil Engineer that has an impeccable track record in the delivery of quality design?
Our client is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. They have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for the Best UK Consultancy.
Due to ongoing success, they have a great opportunity for a Civil Engineer to accompany their Leeds team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare designs with little supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Support Senior Engineers in carrying out the project design from commencement to completion.
- Influence development and infrastructure master-planning using knowledge of Highways Act 1980, Water industry Act 2004, Land Drainage Act, New Roads and Street works Act, and other statutory Instruments will be required.
- Produce designs for feasibility, costing and construction purposes, highways & drainage, street works, public realm, SUDS, building drainage, utilities coordination/diversion will all feature as services required by our clients.
- Undertake production and approval of single and multi-discipline fee proposals for customer projects in accordance with Clancy Consulting procedures, terms and conditions or customer specific contracts requirements.
- Undertake assessment of variations and appraisal of fee cost or timescale impacts and agreement with customer organisations.
- Manage engineering teams to ensure utilisation and recovery targets are monitored and achieved.
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to junior engineers.
- Have financial control of projects when acting as a project manager.
- Communicate with team members, clients, and other construction professionals about projects.
- Represent the company at design team meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
- Work towards your chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues regularly and systematically.
- Keep up to date with the CPD requirements within the ICE.
- Carry out thorough site investigations, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
- AutoCAD, PDS Site Developer / Civil 3D, XP Solutions suite, Micro-drainage, MS Project or similar, TEDDS, and other industry recognised software.
- BSc / B.Eng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course.
- Near Chartership with either Institution of Civil or Structural Engineering
They are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. They encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Bi-annual performance related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Professional Membership (2 per year).
- Agile Working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Personal fleece and water bottle.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.