£40000 - £50000 per annum
Chartered Civil Engineer – Rail – Leeds
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chartered Civil Engineer (Rail) in Leeds. In this role, you will provide technical leadership into assigned projects and be expected to guide/mentor the design team to achieve its deliverables. You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in the Common Data Environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and assist with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Engage , and develop good working relationships, with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractor’s clients and other disciplines
- Checking and approval of technical work by the design team
- Manage delivery teams
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Scope and supervise surveys
- Input into and preparation of bids and proposals
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote the company’s SHEW culture within your team
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design.
- Typically a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the rail sector.
- PTS qualification desirable
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to the company’s Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
For further information, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org