Experienced Bridge Engineer – Cardiff
Our client is a national civils construction company and are currently recruiting for an experienced Bridge Engineer, with an active interest in the inspection and assessment of rail and highway bridges. This is a full-time, permanent position working out of their Cardiff office.
- Follow Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures that form part of the company’s Integrated management systems.
- Assist in the team’s compliance with the CDM Regulations and ensure that robust risk assessments are carried out before works, operations or inspections take place.
- Update structural records through the clients’ preferred structures management systems.
- Detailed design of bridges projects and the associated cost estimates and the production and retention of adequate design records.
- Produce tender documents and As of Right construction packages.
- Complete tender evaluations and assisting with contract award. * Procure, supervise and measure As of Right Works.
- Assist Graduate Engineers within the team.
- Compliance with technical standards.
- Ensuring that adequate environmental screening is undertaken and appropriate mitigation measures are implemented prior to work commencing.
- Preparation of Departures from Standard when applicable.
- Candidates should have at least 3 years’ experience of civil engineering and Bridge design as well as a knowledge of health and safety, environmental and commercial aspects of schemes.
What To Do Next
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please click on the link to apply. Please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at email@example.com or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.