£28000 - £38000 per annum + Other benefits discussed at interview
My client is an environmental consultantcy: The independent, employee-owned consultancy, chosen by successful clients, admired by competitors, and the place to work preferred by top specialists.
With offices across the UK, their experts are committed to delivering our clients exceptional outcomes across a range of environmental services and ecological contracting.
Thier services include but are not limited to: terrestrial ecology, freshwater ecology, marine ecology, habitat management, arboricultural services, geospatial and data management, environmental impact assessments.
Thier people make them who they are; they are commercial but not corporate, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. Career growth and development is highly valued at Thomson, and they nurture talent, leading to rapid career-progression opportunities. My cleint’s people benefit from access to a diverse range of industry-accredited external trainings, as well as in-house training opportunities led by their specialists. The variety of projects they deliver across the breadth of environmental services encourages cross-team working and collaboration.
A commercially-focussed Bid Manager – Estimator is required to join my client’s growing ecological contracting business. They require someone to contribute to the preparation of tenders, quotations, and associated documentation required in bidding for new contracts. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in the environmental services sector.
They work with Tier-one contractors, multi-disciplinaries, local & national government and ecology and planning consultancies. Their contracts range in value from £5k to £5million. You will be involved from initial enquiry, through to site visits, estimating, specification writing, pre-award presentations and contract negotiation. You’ll be working with the Habitats team on small and medium sizes opportunities and in collaboration with the bid management team on complex, multi-service and large scale projects.
The successful candidate will be based from our Guildford Office or primarily home-based.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Nurturing and developing client and supplier relationships.
- Assessing project scope, interpreting the clients’ or Project Managers’ specification, identifying what’s needed and accurately estimating costs, assumptions and exclusions
- Where agreed, successfully managing an opportunity from enquiry through to tender/quotation return.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the Habitat’s team service offering
- Attending pre-start and site meetings, negotiating pre-contract terms and conditions and recording agreements reached.
- Providing a concise handover to Project Managers, as well as on-going project-specific support.
Successful candidates will need
- Experience of bidding, estimating and risk assessment within the construction and/or landscaping industry
- Understanding of NEC3 contracts (or similar).
- Experience of using online tender portals.
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- To be commercially-minded, enthusiastic, able to work independently and as part of a team, and with an aptitude for attention to detail.
As an Employee-Owned Trust, all of my clients’ employees have a stake in the business. An EOT model is a way to transfer future ownership of a company to its people – minimizing the chance of cultural or commercial disruptions. As a rapidly growing company, my clients’ employees will reap the rewards, including performance-related annual bonuses. We’re proud of this unique opportunity to our people which makes us stand out in the environmental consultancy world.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including EOT approved bonuses (after a qualifying period), a rewarding varied role, 25 days annual leave, flexible working, regular social events and great training.