£45000 - £60000 per annum
Associate/Principal Civil Engineer – Birmingham CBD
This opportunity will suit a current Principal or Associate level Civil Engineer who is looking to leave their mark on an organisation by opening and growing their central Birmingham office, leveraging off the company’s existing clients and any other identified business.
The company provide specialist highways, drainage, structural, transportation and environmental advice and design services to a range of existing clients in the residential, commercial and industrial space. Order books are jam packed and the team needs to expand to service clients from the correct locations.
Initially, you will need to deliver work at a technical level and you will probably never want to leave this part behind, but as the team grows, you will spend more and more time client facing, work winning, leading and growing your teams members and team size.
What you will be doing:
- Project management
- Client facing role
- Undertaking detailed design work
- Writing engineering reports
- Undertaking site feasibility work
- Potential to manage a small team
- Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
What we’re looking for:
- Principal Engineer – client facing
- Client and local authority liaison experience is very important
- A willingness to train junior staff members is essential
- Varied project experience is desirable i.e. commercial (retail, leisure, mixed-use, etc.) industrial and residential
- Familiarity of common highway and drainage sectional agreements (S38, S278, S104, S185) is essential
- Must be an experienced user of WinDes and (ideally) Civils 3D, although those with experience of other design software should still apply
What’s in it for you:
- An amazing opportunity to leave your mark
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Fun and challenging projects to work on
- Excellent career progression potential
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or email@example.com