£50000 - £60000 per annum
Associate Transport Planner – Birmingham
Our client is looking for an experienced Associate Transport Planner to establish and develop a new Traffic & Transportation team in their Birmingham office.
As Associate Transport Planner, you will work on a range of projects involving liaison with Local Planning/Highway Authorities, Highways England and other professionals including Planning Consultants, Architects, Air Quality/Noise Consultants, M&E Engineers, etc on a daily basis.
Reporting to an Associate Director, you will lead your own projects, as well as work with other offices or as part of multidisciplinary teams on larger proposals. You will be involved with pre-acquisition feasibility studies, strategic advice, Local Plan site promotion, preparation of outline & detailed planning application reports (including Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans, Environmental Statement Transport Chapters, preliminary access/junction improvement designs), discharge of planning conditions and planning appeals.
Supported by an Associate Director, initially, you will support existing work, but the main drive will be to establish and develop a Traffic & Transportation team which will complement the existing engineering team.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering high quality transport planning, modelling and technical reports, and (where necessary) engineering designs/drawings
- Supervising staff, reviewing, checking and approving design calculations, drawings and outputs prepared by others
- Project management and administration, including:
- Preparing fee proposals
- Liaising with Clients & Local Authorities
- Invoicing – reporting to the Associate Director and Board Directors as required
- Grow the team
- MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
- Chartered Professional status (e.g. CEng, TPP or CMILT)
- High level of technical competence, including advanced knowledge of key transport software packages such as Junctions 9 (PICADY/ARCADY), LinSig, TRICS, TEMPro/NTEM
- Experience in the use of micro-simulation models such as VISSIM and PARAMICS
- Knowledge of DfT WebTAG polic
- Experience using GIS software, including Basemap TRACC/QuantumGIS/ArcGIS or MapInfo
- Knowledge of Air Quality & Noise Assessment Traffic Flow Calculations
- Experience of working with public sector clients.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Fun and challenging projects to work on
- Excellent career progression potential
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins – 07927 44 8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org