£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Associate Director (Structural Engineering) Buildings
Salary up to £70,000 plus benefits
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Associate Structural Engineer to join a successful, well-established, civil and structural engineering Consultancy based in Oxfordshire. Our client is well-known locally for its innovative design solutions and the types of projects they would tend to get involved in would encompass residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use building structures.
Working as an Associate Director you will;
- Lead and develop project teams, supervising and training engineers and technicians.
- You will be closely involved in the mentoring, appraisal, and development of engineers
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients, architects, subcontractors and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times representing the business in a professional and courteous way.
- Support teams to undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures and in support of technical excellence.
- Promote design approaches that enhance the sustainability and minimise environmental impact of projects.
- Ensure project designs comply with all relevant statutory requirements to deliver best practice
Key skills & experience required for this Associate Director role;
- At least 7 years post-qualification experience in structural engineering design.
- Chartered Structural Engineer.
- Active client portfolio
- Strong business acumen with the ability to develop new and existing client relationships as well as win new business.
- A sound understanding of the finances of a structural engineering department, for example the ability to control bookings, to handle project finances, invoicing, WIP and provisions.
- Good relationship builder.
- A proven track record of successfully delivery projects and client satisfaction.
- A good understanding of the UK construction market.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate individuals.
- The ability to think strategically and to solve technical problems.
- Expertise in maintaining an overview of entire projects and supporting the focus on appropriate level of detailed design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant technical legislation and design guidance best practice.
- Proficient in the use of design tools such as Tedds, Tekla, Revit, Masterseries
- A passion for innovative design
- Versatile, motivated and self-driven
- Committed to technical excellence
For this Associate Director role our client is offering;
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years’ service
- Long service awards including additional days off and £500 cash award
- Flexible working
- Paid professional membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket
- Yearly flu vaccine
- Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses, if require for solely for VDU work
- Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided)
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit
- Free on-site parking
- Our client has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover.
In order to discuss this Associate Director role and other similar roles in building structures engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 365104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk