£55000 - £65000 per annum
Associate Director or Technical Director – Civil Engineering
Our client is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy.Working together with clients, they deliver solutions to challenging problems in Infrastructure & Energy and Property & Development.
Their office in Bedford has an excellent opportunity for an Associate Director or Technical Director specialising in Civil Engineering. They are to lead the existing team of Civil Engineers and drive the development of new clients and commissions, and organic growth of the team.
The Civil Engineering team currently have a wide variety of projects including infrastructure, residential, commercial, industrial and renewable energy. The team have a good reputation both internally and with clients. They have a strong, established workstream consisting of projects of various sizes including but not limited to highways design, drainage and flood risk assessments, earthworks and 3D modelling, and technical report preparation throughout planning and construction.
They envisage the role to include:
- Day to day management of the Civil Engineering Team, including coordination of team workloads, budget management and mentoring;
- Taking the lead on business development planning for the team;
- Client Management;
- Developing opportunities with other teams in the office and across the company with complementary specialist skills including structural, geotechnical, and health and safety;
- Develop business with their existing clients and identifying potential new clients;
- Project management of multi-disciplinary projects;
- Providing updates to the Regional Director;
We are very keen to hear from candidates who have the following qualities and experience:
- Minimum of 15 years relevant post-graduate experience;
- A degree in Civil Engineering;
- Chartered Engineer with the ICE (MICE or FICE)
- Technically proficient with excellent report writing skills;
- Demonstrable track record in business development and building client relationships;
- Experience of leading a team, including staff development;
- Highway design expertise to UK national standards such as DMRB, MCHW and Manual for Streets;
- Drainage design expertise including residential, flood alleviation, SUDS, and liaising with local authorities.
- A strong understanding of UK based health and safety legislation including CDM Regulations;
- Experience in oversight and quality management of drawings produced using AutoCAD;
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to communicate appropriately and effectively to all parties;
- Experienced and effective project manager;
- A full UK driving licence.
The position is a full-time position although part time applicants will be considered.
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
What To Do Next
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please click on the link to apply. Please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 365100. We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.