Job Title: Assistant Ecologist
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000
As an Assistant Ecologist you want the best start to your career, and so working for a company that can offer a supportive environment, exceptional traning, variety of projects, and being a place you genuinely love to work is your top priority. Here at Penguin Recruitment, we are working with a specilaist environmental practice in Gloucester that can offer all of that and more.
Our client is an award-winning consultancy that works with a range of public and private sector clients across the UK. They provide high-quality assessments, advice and guidance on a variety of environmental issues, such as strategic environmental assessment, green infrastructure planning, habitats regulations assessment, landscape assessment, landscape ecology and expert witness.
As an Assistant Ecologist, you will:
- Conduct UK habitat and protected species surveys
- Support ecological reports, including Preliminary Ecological Appraisal Reports, Ecological Impact Assessment Reports and Biodiversity Net Gain Reports
- Liaise with statutory and non-statutory bodies, such as Natural England, local authorities and wildlife trusts
- Provide project management support
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- A degree in ecology, biology, zoology or a related field
- Have relevant experience in ecological consultancy
- Full membership of CIEEM or working towards it
- Good familiarity with UK and EU wildlife legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys
- Experience of using GIS software, such as QGIS or ArcGIS
- Excellent communication, report writing and project management skills
- A full valid UK/EEC driving licence and access to a vehicle
As an Assistant Ecologist, you will recieve:
- Salary of £22,000 – £25,000 based on your experience
- A positive and supportive work environment
- A range of benefits, such as flexible working, pension scheme, health insurance and more
- Opportunities for training and career progression
Interested in this or other roles in ecology consultancy? Please contact Lloyd Key via Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792957382. We have many more vacancies available on our website.
Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk.
This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.