Job Title: Assistant Ecologist
Salary: £23,000 – £27,000
We have a brand-new opportunity for an Assistant Ecologist to join a medium-sized multidisciplinary company in Exeter. They specialise in Ecology, Landscape, Arboriculture and Urban Design and can offer you invaluable experience. Being a fully employee-owned company, it’s a very positive place to work and a great place to start your career.
As an Assistant Ecologist, you’ll need to show the following:
- A keen interest in ecology and conservation.
- The ability to record field data reliably and accurately to a consistent and high standard
- The ability to communicate well and work effectively as part of a team
- Candidates should be familiar with wildlife legislation within the UK and ideally have a basic understanding of the planning system and planning policy guidance.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is necessary.
- Have, or be workings towards, a qualification in an environmental subject.
- You may also be proficient with software such as QGIS.
- You may already have experience of undertaking UK habitat and/or protected species surveys
- You have a good understanding of British native species, wildlife legislation and planning policy relating to ecology.
- You should be a member of CIEEM.
In turn you’ll receive £23,000 – £27,000 per annum, 25 days holiday, BUPA health and wellbeing cashback scheme and more.
If you are interested in this or other roles in ecological consultancy, please contact Lloyd Key via Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792957382. We have many more vacancies available on our website.
Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk.
This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.