1. Have you checked the website? – The client will want to know that you have looked at the website and shown an interest in their company.
2. Have you looked at the job description and duties of the role? – Comparing the key duties of the role to your CV is what the client will be doing so thinking of as many work examples as possible as this will help you demonstrate a good fit.
3. Have you thought about the type of questions they are going to ask you? – Going through possible answers prior to the interview as this will give you confidence and will be seen in your body language.
4. Are you ready to demonstrate your people skills? – Being on time, looking smartly dressed and having good eye contact in the interview all demonstrates a keen interest that you want the job.
5. Does the client know you want the position? – At the end of every interview you should inform the client you are interested and also highlight why. This gives them a clear indication that you would like the position and also allows them to provide you with feedback.
At the end of every interview always call your Penguin Recruitment contact to provide them with detailed interview feedback. Not only will the client want to know your thoughts but it will also help us control the recruitment process and increases your chances of getting the job.