Principal Ecologist – Crewe
My client is a growing, multi-disciplinary consultancy with 7 offices working throughout the UK. They currently provide their expert services in areas such as Planning, Geomatics, and Agriculture but recently have launched a new service area, Environment, and Planning. They are looking for an experienced Ecologist who wants an opportunity to become a subject matter expert for Ecology within the team.
To achieve this opportunity, you will need:
* You should have experience working within a consultancy environment, public sector or conservation body delivering projects for built development.
* You’ll have a detailed understanding of Ecological Impact Assessments, planning regulations, nature conservation legislation. You’ll have a good knowledge of legislation and policy requirements associated with Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and Special Protection Areas (SPA) and other relevant designations.
* You’ll be familiar with GIS systems and understand environmental technical disciplines at a high level allowing you to coordinate and project manage their input into the delivery of the project.
* You’ll work as part of a team of specialists and you’ll have great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
* You’ll hold a degree in an environmental-related discipline and maybe a member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environment Management (CIEEM) or an equivalent organization.
* You’ll be predominantly office-based, but be expected to travel to meetings, client offices and inspect site works, therefore a full driving license is required.
During your time at this role you will be:
* Working with internal and external teams liaising with clients, Natural England, County Ecologists, Local Authority planning officers, and stakeholders whilst working on a wide range of utility and built development projects.
* You’ll input into development and design proposals, including master planning and construction methodologies, assisting with gaining the necessary consents and licenses in order to deliver medium / large scale infrastructure, energy, residential and commercial projects.
* You’ll offer Ecological advice and provide innovative mitigation solutions enhancement consideration across a range of sites and schemes with varying levels of Environmental and Ecological sensitivities, including National and European designations.
* You’ll be able to feed into Environmental Impact Assessment Screening, Scoping and chapters. You’ll advise on ecological site constraints and advise on solutions/mitigation measures and have a commercial awareness on delivery and viability of projects. You’ll provide ecological support to our client’s team, complete license applications, and be the technical lead for ecological surveys.
My client will be offering a competitive salary depending on your level of experience, as well as bonuses such as pension schemes and health care. You will also have the option to buy additional holidays along with regular training and career development. If this role is of interest to you or you are looking for roles related to Ecology, please do not hesitate to contact Steffan Child on 01792 362010 for a confidential conversation, or by email [email protected] We also have a vast variety of opportunities on our website www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk.