Ecologist – Southampton
My client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, supplying high quality service and advice to customers from across the globe. This client pride themselves on their creative and cost effective solutions, which ensure long-standing partnerships with their clients. This company is also a market leader in planning, energy and design and are on the lookout for enthusiastic Ecologists to come join them on a permanent basis.
* 4 years’ post graduate experience within an environmental or ecological consultancy
* BSc or equivalent in Ecology, Biology or a related Environmental discipline
* The ability to produce a range of ecological reports and documents
* The ability to use a range of field equipment (e.g. GIS, MS word and Excel)
* A full UK driving license
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Extensive survey experience
* An in depth understanding of UK legislation and planning policy
The Ideal candidate will a protected species license and membership to the CIEEM.
* Supporting a wide range of surveys (e.g. GCN, bat, badgers and Phase 1 Habitat)
* Carrying out office-work (e.g. day-to-day data analysis)
* Liaising with a range of clients
* Mitigation and translocation works regarding protected species
* Assisting with ecological impact assessments
* Report reviewing
For more information on this vacancy or any job within the ecological sector, please contact Beth Cook of Penguin Recruitment on: 01792 365 000. Alternatively, you can email on: [email protected]
Key words: Senior, ecology, ecologist, biology zoology, conservation, commercial, environmental, protected species, survey, CIEEM, GCN, bat, dormouse.