Clerk of Works
Our client is a group of businesses that provides multi-disciplinary consultancy services of Chartered Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Project Management, Land finding and Development Consultancy Services and CDM Consultancy Services.
* Site Visits, carrying out quality inspections, defects identification & rectification, and preparing written reports
* Inspecting the work on site and comparing it with drawings and specifications. Ensuring compliance with agreed specification and design
* Checking critical stages to ensure that the quality meets both the specification and the expectation of the end user.
* Checking that standards, building regulations, health and safety and legal requirements are met.
* Highlighting potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
* Reporting to and working under the direct supervision of Senior Surveyors, assisting in the provision of all services, providing technical support, and reporting any unresolved concerns.
* Day-to-day correspondence and liaison with Clients and colleagues as required
* Attending and undertaking snagging, back snagging and handover meetings
* End of Defects Inspections and Management of defects rectification during Defects Liability Period or similar
* Relevant qualification in construction essential (such as Degree/HNC/HND etc)
* Membership to a relevant professional body desirable (such as Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate).
* Strong communication skills
* Full / clean UK Driving License
This is a great chance to join a growing business and develop through the ranks and grown in to a Project Manager in due course.